|A luxury tour to visit the Vatican Museum art treasures privately. You will have an unique experience of a Vatican guard opening the doors to the museums for you only. Our luxury vatican tour allows you to enjoy the museum completely on your own. This tour has to be booked in advance because you will see the museums after closing time.|
On this tour, we will see the best works of art in the world including:
• The Niccolina Chapel
• Bramante’s Staircase
• Pio-Clementino Museum: In this gallery you will see some of the most important and fine ancient Roman and Greek sculptures, like the Apollo Belvedere, the Laocoön, Venus of Cnidos, the Apoxymenos, and the Belvedere Torso.
• Raphael Rooms: Here are the frescos which Raphael and his students painted for the private apartments of Pope Julius II. The most well known is the School of Athens and The Liberation of St. Peter - both masterpieces by Raphael.
• Gallery of Tapestries: During the early 16th century, Flemish weavers made these tapestries, designed by Raphael for The Sistine chapel.
• Gallery of Maps: This Gallery, the longest in the museum, is about 120 meters. In 1580 artists painted maps on the walls and each map depicts an Italian state with its most important cities. The ceiling is rich in décor with paintings depicting the lives of saints.
• Sistine Chapel: The famous frescos that Michelangelo painted for the private chapel of Pope Julius II. You will see without people.
• St. Peter’s Basilica: The biggest church in the world and one of the greatest examples of Renaissance and Baroque art that Michelangelo started and Bernini finished. Here you will see the Pietà of Michelangelo and the bronze masterpiece of Bernini’s baldacchino.
• Professional English speaking licensed guide
• Ticket reservation for the VIP entrance (Skip the line)
• Pick up in front of the Vatican Museum at 3.30 pm