|The Vatican Museum night tour is one in a lifetime experience. Visit the museums during the night and enjoy the beauty of Michelangelo’s dome softly illumiated against a Roman summer night sky! This tour takes place only during the summer months.|
Every Friday from 18.00 pm (from April to September)
Tour 4 hours
Itinerary: The tour starts at 18.00 pm with a tour of St Peter’s Basilica in St. Peter’s Square. After the tour continues with a twilight stroll to the Vatican Museums to see the Sistine Chapel, the Raphael Rooms, and collection of Greek and Roman statues.
On this tour, we will see the best works of art in the world including:
• The Pope’s Art Gallery: In this gallery, we have spectacular Italian art from the 12th century to the 18th century, collected by popes over the centuries. The works of art are in chronological order and you will see the best examples of the collection.
• Pio-Clementino Museum: In this gallery you will see some of the most important and fine ancient Roman and Greek sculptures, like the Apollo Belvedere, the Laocoön, Venus of Cnidos, the Apoxymenos, and the Belvedere Torso.
• Raphael Rooms: Here are the frescos which Raphael and his students painted for the private apartments of Pope Julius II. The most well known is the School of Athens and The Liberation of St. Peter - both masterpieces by Raphael.
• Gallery of Tapestries: During the early 16th century, Flemish weavers made these tapestries, designed by Raphael for The Sistine chapel.
• Gallery of Maps: This Gallery, the longest in the museum, is about 120 meters. In 1580 artists painted maps on the walls and each map depicts an Italian state with its most important cities. The ceiling is rich in décor with paintings depicting the lives of saints.
• Sistine Chapel: The famous frescos that Michelangelo painted for the private chapel of Pope Julius II. Here are examples of the most beautiful high Renaissance art in the world like the Creation of Adam and Eve and The Last Judgement.
• Professional English speaking licensed guide
• Ticket reservation for the VIP entrance
• Pick up at your hotel